Talk With Technology
Talk with Technology (TWT) is an evidence-based program focused on teaching parents and caregivers how to communicate most effectively with their children, who are minimally verbal or non-verbal and, are using a communication device or application.
Our next Talk With Technology course will be taking place in the Spring of 2017. Stay tuned for more information.
- 10-week program, including discussion groups and individualized consultations
- Program includes up to 8 families; a small number ensures that each parent/caregiver receives customized, individualized attention from the facilitator
- Program is facilitated by a PROVAIL speech-language pathologist who is an expert in the field of AAC and evidence-based practices.
- Program Cost: $1345 per family
STRATEGIES TAUGHT IN THE PROGRAM INCLUDE:
- Following their Lead
Respond to a child’s ability to express interests, needs and feelings
- AAC (Augmentative & Alternative Communication) Modeling
Use a child’s communication device by modeling key vocabulary words so use of AAC increases
- Friendly Sabotage
Learn to create opportunities for the child to motivate communication
- Chain of Cues
Support the child to build independent communication skills
WHAT PARTICIPANTS SAY
“This class was the gateway I needed to be able to use the device with my son. Being taught a little of the science behind
AAC first was what I needed to understand as we move forward in our language together. Thank you!”
“This was a wonderful class. I am so much more confident about communicating with my son. I think he feels the
comfort in knowing that as well.”
Interested in the Talk with Technology program? Please contact:
PROVAIL Therapeutic & Assistive Technology Services