Support and Instructional Staff
General Function: Provides support and assistance to clients in all of their activities of daily living so that they can be fully included members of their community. This position has a variety of locations.
- Provides physical support and assistance to clients in their daily living activities, which include personal care, showers, grooming, transfers and re-positioning. Prepares healthful meals, per client’s wishes, including clients to their level of ability. Maintains a clean living environment by completing regular household chores including laundry, mopping, dishes, bathroom cleaning, wheelchair cleaning, etc. Reports environmental hazards and issues promptly.
·As a Registered Nursing Assistant, takes direction from the Registered Delegating Nurse (RND) to complete delegated tasks as instructed, attends 90 day nursing delegation reviews, and reports any and all health concerns to Nursing staff as directed.
· Maintains complete and accurate documentation in accordance with department guidelines. This includes, but is not limited to, health notes, incident reports, communication logs, medication administration records, goal notes, activity tracking sheets, ledgers, and financial tracking.
· Assists and supports clients to be active members of their communities by making transportation arrangements, assisting with planning activities, supporting clients to participate in activities, accompanying clients to activities, encouraging integration and participation, assisting with research, and being proactive about community activities.
· Ensures that the client is treated as a valued member of their home and community by maintaining professional boundaries, being patient, speaking respectfully to clients and their families, being considerate of the client’s feelings and needs, and being actively engaging with the client at all times.
· As a Mandatory Reporter, promptly reports concerns about client abuse, neglect, or mistreatment in a prompt and appropriate manner.
· Attends regular monthly meetings and other company-sponsored training, as required.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Must have current NAR or NAC certification
- Ability to make independent judgments.
- Ability to read and comprehend training material, policies and procedures, client programs and other written materials related to effective work performance.
- Must be able to safely perform client transfers.
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, co-workers, management health care staff and others, as required, both orally and in writing.
- Experience working with people with disabilities preferred.
- Must be able to successfully pass a Background Check
- Must be able to perform frequent lifting up to 50 pounds
Visit our office to pick up an application or request by email to email@example.com and include “Direct Support Professional (Caregiver)” in the subject of your email.