Internship – Grant Writing and Research
This position assists in various aspects of grant writing and research to help secure funding for PROVAIL’s programs. This opportunity is an ideal fit for a college student with strong writing and research skills who is interested in exploring nonprofit fundraising.
Reports to: Relationship Manger, Grants
Hours: 10 hours per week. Flexible schedule within established guidelines.
Term of Position: Requires a 12-week commitment and can be renewed based on mutual agreement.
- Identify grant opportunities that are a strong fit with PROVAIL’s programs and relevant to the agency’s mission, goals, and strategic plan, including grants available this year and future grant prospects.
- Research, compile, and organize current and historical Seattle area, King and Snohomish County, Washington State, and national statistical and resource information to support program needs.
- Gather up-to-date information on federal, state, and local trends and issues that affect PROVAIL programs and clients.
- Secure supporting data, documentation, and letters of support to enhance grant applications.
- Draft letters of inquiry for identified funding matches.
- Write and compile materials for small grant applications.
- Assist with proofreading and editing of final projects.
Compensation: This is an unpaid position. However, this opportunity provides the following benefits:
- Academic Credit: If available through your college/university, PROVAIL will complete any necessary forms to demonstrate eligibility.
- Inside look and active involvement in fundraising for a nonprofit organization.
- Solid resume builder and future employment reference.
- Proficiency with internet research.
- Well versed in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Committed to supporting PROVAIL’s mission and clients.
- Ability to prioritize projects and assignments to meet deadlines.
- Thrives in an environment that requires both independent and collaborative work.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter please address:
- Why you are interested in the internship at PROVAIL.
- What your goals and expectations are for the internship.
- What skills you believe would be an asset to our organization.
- No calls please.