PROVAIL is a recognized leader in the Greater Seattle Area, providing employment, housing, and clinical services to children and adults with disabilities. We provide the highest quality of service and are continually adapting to meet the needs of the community.
PROVAIL is currently looking for a full-time Employment Consultant to support individuals with developmental disabilities in obtaining employment in their community. The Employment Consultant position involves partnering with the local business community in Greater Seattle to create customized job opportunities, and providing direct support for individuals to meet their career goals.
If you want to work in an innovative, friendly environment while making a significant contribution to the community, then apply today! Visit us at www.provail.org to learn more. We offer: extensive paid training, health insurance, up to 32 paid days off per year, retirement savings plan, Section 125 health care and dependent care plans
- Conducts job specific vocational assessments with customers as appropriate to determine individual learning styles, skills, and job preferences, and develops an individualized plan of service.
- Carries out job development activities, including but not limited to: networking, marketing, identification of potential placement opportunities, touring of companies, identification of business decision makers, building and maintaining business relationships, and securing positions for customers as guided by vocational profile and individual action plans.
- Performs job and task analyses, and job coaching/community supports.
- Following placement, assists customers in the development and implementation of an individual plan of support.
- Supports employers by providing education, and routinely monitors and addresses employer concerns.
- Maintains records of actions and outcomes, employer contacts, and billable time.
- Maintains communication with customer, family, coworkers, home staff, funding agency(ies), and all other people significant to the customer.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in related field or commensurate experience.
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities in a community setting preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with co-workers, customers and their families and/or home staff, employers, funding sources, and the community.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior listening skills.
- Professional demeanor.
- Must be able to pass a criminal history background check.
- Must have a current and valid Washington driver’s license and good driving record, own vehicle, and maintain insurance acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier.
Interested and qualified applicants should apply by emailing their resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PROVAIL is an Equal Opportunity Employer.