Accountant I or II
PROVAIL is looking for a full time Accountant II with strong analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to use financial database/systems.
Performs complex accounting tasks and analysis requiring accounting experience, education and knowledge for the Accountant II position. This position is primarily responsible for: general ledger, journal entries, accounts payable, reconciliations, financial reporting, and other duties as assigned. The Accountant II will ensure effective and efficient accounting systems, operations and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
– Participate in the monthly general ledger closing process through preparation and posting of journal entries, reconciliations, account analysis and accruals into the accounting system.
– Prepare monthly reports and provide analysis related to general ledger accounts. Review outstanding check register, follow up on outstanding checks.
– Perform the daily banking activities of the agency including deposits, transfers, and debt servicing.
– Maintain proper tax documentation (W-9) on all vendors and prepare and mail 1099 Forms.
– Assist in preparing monthly/annual financial reporting and reports.
– May reconcile credit card statements with proper supporting documents, approvals, coding and enter to accounting system for payment.
– Maintain and reconcile liability, payable, and cash related accounts.
– Provide backup support to other accounting positions as when necessary.
– Maintain good attendance, be punctual and work a full scheduled shift.
– Assist in the preparation of the annual audit and tax return, with an emphasis on cash and general ledger reporting and reconciliation.
– Ensure the organization’s compliance with statutory, regulatory, and/or other financial requirements and that generally accepted accounting principles are applied.
– May perform back up to Accounts Payable cycle including receiving invoices, verifying supporting documentation, approvals and coding, then entering invoices to financial system, printing and mailing approved checks.
– Other duties as assigned.
– Equivalent of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or a minimum of two years of general ledger or Staff Accountant to Senior Accountant experience.
– Two years minimum experience in electronic accounting systems (preferably Dynamics GP).
– Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all levels within the organization and with external customers.
– Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, and Great Plains accounting software.
– Ability to work under stress in a fast-paced and changing environment.
email resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Accountant I or II‘ in subject line.